Launchpad is an intense course in product design and development offered to graduate students only (no exceptions). Our teaching philosophy is built around the culture of start-ups and what makes them tick. Over the course of only 10 weeks, Stanford students take an idea for a product or service and start an actual company. Maybe one of the reasons it works is because we put our emphasis on the entrepreneurs, not the idea. Or maybe it's because we focus on doing, not planning. Or maybe it's because we don't believe in failure, only evolution. All we know is that it's totally different than other incubators or accelerators, and the proof is in the numbers. Since the annual class started in 2009, we've coached 100 companies to launch and over 50 are still in business.
Apply to Launchpad ME–301
If you're a Stanford grad student interested in launching your business during Launchpad Spring quarter, first a few considerations:
- Application will be open February 1–26, 2018 closing at 3pm PST the 26th. NOW CLOSED
- Those accepted or rejected will be notified within a week after the application closes February 26. The teaching team will accept around 10 teams.
- In addition to filling out the application, students are required to attend at least two office hours before the application closes and create a 1 minute video showing the need you hope to address and the product/service you have prototyped to address it.
****If you do not have a passionate and overwhelming urge to start a business or launch a product or service, this class will not be a fit.
Pop by the Product/Market Fit Assessment Lab (office hours)
Office hours are open to Stanford students and the broader public. Stop by for feedback and advice on launching your business. More info (here).
September 26, 2017—March 27, 2018
April 5, 2018-June 7, 2018
Attend Night Launch
Night Launch will be the first opportunity for Launchpad students to show their stuff, literally. Join us April 30th from 5:30-7:30pm to experience the stellar products and services and hear the founder's mission statements at 6:30pm. You won't want to miss it!
Apprentice for Launchpad
If you're a Stanford student and interested in apprenticing for Launchpad, please see (flyer).
How can I contact the teaching team?
- Spring 2018
- ME 301
- 4 Units
- Letter Grade or Credit/No Credit
- Mon/Wed 10:30am - 12:20pm
- Room 200
APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED.