dschool Google Apps for Education account - shared email, calendaring, docs and messaging platform for the dschool.
Log in to your dschool gmail account from any gmail login screen with your full dschool email address, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also log in at http://mail.dschool.stanford.edu
Why Google Apps for Edu? Free! Are you kidding??? ...the only zero cost management solution for the @dschool.stanford.edu domain. Oh, and it's a secure, managed platform for shared email, contacts, calendaring, docs and chat.
What does it enable us to do?
Centralize dschool communications and info sharing. Create dschool specific email addresses on the fly.
Organizational shared email, contacts, calendar with free/busy scheduling, shared docs and chat platform.
More email space for all of us - an additional 7GB's!
How to configure your new account:
- Log in to your account and configure it to enable Stanford email
What if you want to use your existing personal gmail account instead?
- Click the Settings link in the upper right corner of the page, click the "General" tab and scroll down to create a signature.
- Click the "Accounts" tab in the "Send Mail As" area and select the "Add another Address you own" option, type in your stanford email address, click "Next step" and "Send verification" and close the window. and choose what account to reply from as the default.
- Click on the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab select the button to enable POP/IMAP
- Import your contacts and calendar and collect your email from all your other accounts like Stanford, yahoo!, etc.
- Go to this page to view how Google handles Alternate email addresses and Calendar invitations to them.
- Use your local email application (Mac Mail, Outlook, etc).
- Add the new @dschool account and synchronize the @dschool calendars to your local calendar.
- Configure POP or IMAP access. POP vs IMAP?
- In the following configuration instructions, make sure that you use your full dschool email address in the account field: e.g. Adam@dschool.stanford.edu
- POP configuration
- IMAP configuration
- Export Contacts and Calendar
Tips, Tricks and info
- Want to use a personal gmail account and the dschool gmail account simultaneously?
- Open each gmail account in a different browser and switch between browsers.
- Use the Google Chrome browser's incognito mode.
- Google multiple sign in
Set up offline access to gmail: Compose messages offline and send when back online.
- Configure gmail to allow you to log in to two gmail accounts in the same browser. Go to google.com/accounts and click the edit link next to "Multiple sign-in." After you sign into your first account, you can sign in with up to two additional accounts from the new accounts menu in the upper right hand corner of Gmail, then easily toggle back and forth between them. You can even open multiple Gmail tabs — one for each of your accounts. More info: multiple gmail accounts in one browser
Check to see where you are currently logged in to gmail and log out remote sessions by clicking the "Details" link at the bottom of your gmail account window.
When logging in to your gmail account at internet kiosks make sure to close the browser when finished to make sure that someone else can't get into your account after you leave.
When logged in to your Google account, Google is set by default to save all chat sessions. You can change these settings by clicking on the Settings link in the upper right corner of your GMAIL screen, click on the Chat tab.
How to back up your gmail account.
How to download a copy of all your google content to your computer
- If you only use a browser to access your gmail account you have 3 options to make sure that you have a backup of your email.
- If you are using a local email application like mac mail, Entourage/Outlook or Thunderbird configured with IMAP and are leaving a copy of your messages on the server you automatically have a backup of your email. In addition, backups of your computer will provide a 3rd backup.
/groups/dtech/search/index.rss?sort=modifiedDate&sortDirection=reverse&tag=howtolist/groups/dtech/search/?sort=modifiedDate&sortDirection=reverse&tag=howtoTech pagesCustomTagSidebarCustomTagSidebar?sort=modifiedDate&sortDirection=reverse&tag=howto0/groups/dtech/sidebar/CustomTagSidebarmodifiedDate5CustomTagSidebarreversehowtoTech pagescustom/groups/dtech/search/index.rss?tag=hotlist/groups/dtech/search/?tag=hotWhat’s HotHotListHot!?tag=hot0/groups/dtech/sidebar/HotListNo items tagged with hot.hot/groups/dtech/search/index.rss?sort=modifiedDate&kind=all&sortDirection=reverse&excludePages=wiki/welcomelist/groups/dtech/search/?sort=modifiedDate&kind=all&sortDirection=reverse&excludePages=wiki/welcomeRecent ChangesRecentChangesListUpdates?sort=modifiedDate&kind=all&sortDirection=reverse&excludePages=wiki/welcome0/groups/dtech/sidebar/RecentChangesListmodifiedDateallRecent ChangesRecentChangesListUpdateswiki/welcomeNo recent changes.reverse5search