What to Expect
The teaching fellowship is 13 months in length. It begins early September 2018 and runs through the end of September 2019. Fellows are full-time employees at Stanford for the duration of the experiences, with full benefits and salary.
Approximately 50% of your time
- Co-develop and teach an introductory course on Design for the Oceans.
- Develop and teach at least one other student-facing learning experience as part of a teaching team.
- Write and reflect on both your learnings as well as those from the larger d.school and Center for Ocean Solutions communities through internal and external publications.
Approximately 40% of your time
- Experiment towards new methods for teaching and learning design inside and outside the classroom.
- Do design work contributing to the Center for Ocean Solutions' experiments in new approaches to solving ocean problems.
Approximately 10% of your time
- Become an expert in a specific design x oceans topic area and collect and share teaching methods as well as ‘state of the art’ in that discipline.
- Form new relationships with collaborators both inside and outside Stanford.